I recently had the opportunity to speak with Veronica Jacobson, CLC, regarding tongue tie and the impact on breastfeeding. We discussed the following:
- Why is there more awareness of the issue now versus 5 or 10 years ago?
- What is the biggest hurdle to getting HCPs to understand tongue and lip ties and the health effects?
- Why do posterior tongue ties need to be taken more seriously as something that needs fixed?
- What kind of research is currently being done on the subject?
- What's your advice to parents who are having a tough time getting a pediatrician or other HCP to take their concerns about a possible tongue or lip tie?
Here's a link to the video